Feb 20, 2009

Clubbed - A Geoff Thompson Movie

I just finished watching ex-Coventry Doorman Geoff Thompson's latest movie release "Clubbed", which is based on his time on the door. It is an thoughtful and yet action packed film, but don't expect big budget Hollywood glitz. It's pure British Grit!

Watch a preview here.

The movie does contain profanity, drugs and violence, in keeping with the subject material. So if you are easily offended, then harden up! Seriously though, it is a good if confronting 95 minutes.

Now that the review's out of the way, I'd like to share a thought I had whilst watching. In one scene our (anti-) hero, Danny goes into confront a sociopathic Ganster type wearing a balaclava. It is the type with just two small eyeholes. I thought to myself, 'well it protects your identity, but it really limits your vision'. My thought then took an extra-step on me and conceived a defense against the balaclava wearing thug... Reach out grab the balaclava then spin it so the eyeholes face the wrong way. Then do what you need to to end the confrontation.

It is so riculously obvious, I'm amazed the thought hadn't occured to me before, kind of like the Spetznas defense against the plastic bag over the head carjacking routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment